Monday, November 30, 2009

Here a gig there a gig

Thanksgiving week is always a little slow and that's pretty much a good thing. I played a couple of things. Saturday night nov 28 was my duo gig at Nobel's. It's just piano and bass. I play with John Mochnick. Sunday I played at Center Grove Baptist Church. I filled in for their guy for the "engage" service as they call it. It's a rock gig. The leader/guitar player/ singer Jerry Tyson is very good. Everybody is very nice and I always enjoy playing there. The music is sort U2 meets the Police or something. I like the way my old Fender Jazz sounds through their PA. The excellent drummer is Philip Morgan one my colleagues at Wake Forest where I teach adjunct. I was looking at my book and realized I have played in a different church every Sunday for almost 2 months.
Church work can be very demanding. It's a lot of music learned in a short time and the charts can be everywhere from great to nothing. It can be fun and interesting.


No comments: