Monday, September 1, 2014

"Well I don't miss it!" he said

I don't know why I thought of this today. Maybe because it's Labor Day. I'm going to write it down so I don't forget it.  I played a gig in Abingdon VA. Sept. 24, 2010. It was for the cocktail hour of a fundraiser for a new pharmacy school up there. The guest of honor and speaker was none other the George W. Bush. So we played our gig while all the folks drank and talked. The leader of the band was determined for us to get pictures with the President.
I was no fan of his but our trumpet player was a huge fan. So they took us to the library where photos were being taken. We were last. The six of us walked in and the trumpet player says to him, "I liked you, I'm a fan and I miss you." President Bush gets huffy and a little pissed and says in a sort of angry tone "well I don't miss it" I was staring at him. He shook his head and shifted his shoulders and said "ok now. He told us "I liked the music. I couldn't hear a lot. Too much chit chat" He shook all our hands. When he got to me he took a long look at my hair.

No comments: